We have just published a bugfix release for Solarus, which is now at version 1.6.1. This release mostly contains bug fixes and adjustements for the recent switch to OpenGL in 1.6.0.
Quest creators will also appreciate some new features, like the ability to build a quest package from Solarus Quest Editor.
Here is the exhaustive list of all changes brought by Solarus 1.6.1. This represents almost eight months of work. Thank you std::gregwar, hhromic, ClueDrew et everybody who contributed to this release!
Changes in Solarus 1.6
-force-software-renderingswitch to solarus-run (stdgregwar).
- Add argument to set mouse cursor visibility on start (#1263).
- Add option in CMake to support building with OpenGL ES (#1270).
- Add option in CMake to disable logging errors to file (#1276).
- Add simple performance counters to the engine (#1280).
- Add argument to set fullscreen mode on start (#1281).
- Add joypad buttons combo for quitting the engine (#1283).
- Add option in CMake to control building of unit tests (#1288).
- Add root build path to unit tests environment in Windows (#1291).
- Add git revision information to build and main loop startup (#1292).
- Add argument to set the joypad axis deadzone (#1293).
- Add debug warning if a surface is larger than 2048 x 2048 (#1294).
- Add support of carried object sprites with multiple directions (#1392).
- Fix reordering hero sprites (#1243).
- Fix crash when starting a hero movement from hero:on_state_changed() (#1354).
- Fix crash when changing the hero state while pulling a block (#1371).
- Fix crash when starting drowning after falling into a teletransporter (#1353).
- Fix crash when stairs are disabled at map start with dynamic tiles (#1366).
- Fix crash when a state finishes from a coroutine (#1374).
- Fix action command lost after showing a dialog in the pause menu (#1408).
- Fix hero being hurt while in spiral stairs (#1038).
- Fix stairs not activating in a custom state with fixed direction (#1364).
- Fix crash when pickable follow streams (#1361).
- Fix camera movement stuck on separators (#1351).
- Fix jumpers when the hero size is other than 16x16 (#1381).
- Fix blocks when the hero size is other than 16x16 (#1383).
- Fix blocks stuck on separators (#1356).
- Fix entity:overlaps(…) crashing when given bad collision mode (#1041).
- Fix straight movement progress reinitialized when setting speed/angle.
- Fix sol.menu.start allowing to start one menu multiple times (#1044).
- Fix GlRenderer for non-Android GLES 2.0 devices (#1267).
- Fix OpenGL compatibility issues.
- Fix FindOpengl complaining about GLVND vs GLX choice (#1320).
- Fix incorrect mapping from window coords to quest coords (#1340).
- Fix mouse and finger coordinates using a wrong window size (#1268).
- Fix restoring to windowed mode from fullscreen (#1269).
- Fix screen surface not being initialised in 640x480 video mode (#1273).
- Fix initialisation of screen surface without video window (#1274).
- Fix restoring from fullscreen mode in Windows (#1284).
- Fix warning when the default quest size is not supported by the quest (#1376).
- Fix building with mingw-w64 in Linux (#1282).
- Fix detection of LuaJIT version in CMake module (#1277).
- Fix building GUI with mingw-w64 in Linux (#1285).
- Fix running the unit tests from the build root folder (#1289).
- Fix broken unit test that fails in Windows but not Linux (#1290).
Lua API changes
This release adds new features but does not introduce any incompatibility.
- Add methods game:get/set_transition_style() (#1368).
- Add methods state:get/set_can_use_teletransporter/switch/stream() (#1363).
- Make surface, text_surface and timer userdata types indexable (#1394).
Changes in Solarus Quest Editor 1.6.0
- Allow to build a quest package (#431).
- Map editor: allow teletransporters to have any size multiple of 8 pixels.
- Map editor: improve performance of deleting multiple entities.
- Map editor: fix performance of changing entities layer (#454).
- Map editor: fix wrong selections after undoing changing layers.
- Tileset editor: fix performance of removing multiple patterns (#456).
- Sprite editor: fix persisting error message about missing source image (#451).
- Dialogs editor: fix line wrapping.
- Initial quest: remove proprietary file added by mistake.
- Add Force Software Rendering option to ‘Running’ section (stdgregwar).
Changes in Zelda Mystery of Solarus DX 1.12.1
- Fix typo in English texts (#128).
- Fix mistakes in German texts (#137).
- Fix deprecated function calls since Solarus 1.6 (#131).
Changes in Zelda Mystery of Solarus XD 1.12.1
- Fix torch displayed above the hero in dungeon 1 (#55).
Changes in Zelda Return of the Hylian SE 1.2.1
- Fix ghostly proprietor sprite displaying issue (#114).
Changes in Zelda XD2 Mercuris Chess 1.1.1
- Fix Solarus format to 1.6.
- Fix getting stuck on a stone in water near Rupee Island (#141).
- Fix ghostly proprietor sprite displaying issue (#142).